We, at Info Edge (India) Limited herein referred to as IEIL and our affiliated companies worldwide, are committed to respecting your online privacy and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us, in-line with the applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Personal information (PI) - means any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person. In particular using a common identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person or any other piece of information as per applicable laws and regulations.
We collect information about you or your usage to provide better services to all of our users. We collect information in the following ways:
- Many of our services require you to register/sign up for an account on College99.com. When you do, we will ask for personal information, such as, but not limited to your name, email address and telephone number to create/update your account.
- To provide you additional services, we may collect your profile information such as, but not limited to education background, work experience, date of birth.
- We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them such as, but not limited to log information and location information.
- We may collect your personal information such as but not limited to bank details, passport details to assist for study abroad program which includes services like Letter of recommendation, student profile and student visa.
- When you communicate with College99.com or its Application or use the College99.com platform to communicate with other Members (such as advertisers, colleges/ institutes, etc.), we collect information about your communication and any other additional information you choose to provide.
Processing personal information
College99.com may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation or health.
- Our automated systems analyse your content to provide you customised search results, recommendations and specific promotions and offers
- Send alerts and newsletter(s) to you (Provided you subscribe to the same. To unsubscribe, please visit your account settings)
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and prosecuting crimes (including but not limited to fraud and other financial crimes) in any jurisdiction, identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our Web pages utilize "cookies" and other tracking technologies. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect your information about Website activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Web user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Web site and some sections/features of the site may not work.
We restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know/or that information in order to fulfil their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our products or services.
College99.com does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except:
- to provide products or services you've requested,
- when we have your permission,
- or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with ‘IEIL’ under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help College99.com communicate with you about offers from ‘College99.com and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We share your personal information with colleges or educational institutions, etc. based on your browsing behaviour or expression of interest regarding courses, specializations and institutions who may further contact you.
Personalisation of services
To the extent permitted by law, College99.com may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations.
Confidentiality and Security
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Data is important to us and College99.com has invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as College99.com. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the laws prevalent in India to protect personal information about you. We seek to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and Rules made there under to ensure the protection and preservation of your privacy.
College99.com operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with you. College99.com monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about College99.com in order to improve its products and services. Please note that you must not communicate with College99.com through such social media sites the following information:
- Sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number ;
- Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals.
College99.com is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. College99.com is only responsible for its own use of the personal data received through such sites
College99.com reserves the right to update, change or modify this policy at any time. The policy shall come to effect from the date of such update, change or modification.
College99.com shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the user's account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used whether or not in pursuance of a legal process or otherwise. College99.com does not store any Credit / Debit card details.
Any other personal information shared by you which is not asked by College99.com during registration, either mandatorily or optionally; accounts to wilful and intentional furnishing; and College99.com will not be liable for breach of such information.
Data Protection Officer/ Grievance Officer
IEIL (India) Limited
Noida GF-12A, Meghdoot, Nehru Place, New Delhi