Georgia, a country at the intersection of Europe and Asia, is a former Soviet republic that’s home to Caucasus Mountain villages and Black Sea beaches. It’s famous for Vardzia, a sprawling cave monastery dating to the 12th century, and the ancient wine-growing region Kakheti. The capital, Tbilisi, is known for the diverse architecture and mazelike, cobblestone streets of its old town.
Study MBBS in Georgia for Indian Students
‘MBBS in Georgia’ has always been an attraction for Indian students. Georgia is the most famous destination among students for medical education in abroad. MBBS in Georgia offers world class research infrastructure, quality education, and cross-cultural experience.
The experience of studying ‘MBBS in European Countries’ has always proved to be the best for Indian students and Georgia is famous for its medical education across the world.
There is a wish which every student studying medicine has is to add an international degree in their curriculum vitae. For students who wish to study MBBS in Europe, MBBS in Georgia is really worth noticeable.
At the intersection of Europe and Asia, situated is the small country known as Georgia. The Georgian medical colleges are governed by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and World Health Organization (WHO) and other medical bodies. Medical schools in Georgia offer best infrastructure and international standard of medical education.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia has given accreditation to major institutions, colleges and universities in Georgia. MBBS in Georgia is also famous among medical students for its low cost medical education.Therefore, for Indian medical aspirants MBBS in Georgia could be the right choice.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Students
- The year in which the admission is being taken, the student must be 17 years plus as on 31st December of that particular year.
- The students must have completed class 12th from a recognized university or board and they must have qualified NEET exam.
- Some universities have made it a compulsory criteria that students must have cleared IELTS/TOEFL with good score.
- The universities which do not look for IELTS or TOEFL score, arrange personal interviews for students.
- For students from General category, 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology are compulsory and they must also have English as a compulsory subject at 12th level of their education. Students from SC/ST/OBC category must have 40% aggregate marks.
Admission Procedure to Study Medicine in Georgia
Step 1: Along with the required documents, students are required to fill the online application form.
Step 2: As soon as university receives the application form, it issues an offer letter. Students can deposit the fees in the bank account of the university.
Step 3: The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the students after 30 days, upon which a ministry order is received by the university and it issues an invitation letter to the students.
Step 4: Once the above procedure is complete, it takes 30 days for visa approval.
Step 5: The process of departure gets finished, once the fees get cleared.
Required Documents to get Georgia Student Visa
- Original passport which should be valid for one year.
- Six passport size photos.
- Completely filled application form for visa for students.
- Admission/offer letter Processing fee.
- Bank statement of last six months and a copy of income tax return.
- Admission or invitation letter from the university or the institution.
- Photocopies of IELTS or academic score card.
- Bank certificate of Rs.3-4 Lakhs and bank statement for last 3 months.
- Photocopies of academics and IELTS score cards.
- Two ways tickets of the student.
MBBS in Georgia - Quick Overview
|Last Date to Apply||August, 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||60% in PCB for General at 10+2 Science
40% for SC/ ST or reserve categories
|NEET Exam||Required, it is compulsory with qualifying marks.|
|IELTS and TOEFL||Yes, required.|
|Minimum Tuition Fee||Rs.2.52 Lakhs/Year|
|Maximum Tuition Fee||Rs.5 Lakhs/Year|
|Cost of Living in Georgia||Rs.12-15 Thousand/Month|
|Course Duration (In Year)||5 + 1 year Internship|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|Top Medical Universities||Akaki Tsereteli State University
Tbilisi State University
|Recognition of Universities||MCI, WHO, WFME & many more|
Benefits of Studying MBBS
- Medical universities in Georgia are recognized by WHO and UNESCO.
- Students who study MBBS in Georgia can get the opportunity to do the experiments and clinical clerkship from 1st semester onwards. This will also help to improve student’s skills.
- Students get many best options for internships or further studies within the country itself.
- The universities in Georgia are well equipped with great technology and infrastructure.
- All the medical universities in Georgia provide very good accommodation facilities to the students and they also make Indian food easily available for the students.
- MBBS admission in Georgia is actually a very affordable option for Indian students as there are many universities which offer low cost MBBS in Georgia.
- Georgia is an absolutely safe country. Students can easily travel in public transport like buses, trains etc. without any problems.
- Admission process for MBBS in Georgia is quite simple. MBBS admission is based on the score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in the 12th standard. Students with minimum 50% marks in these subjects can take admission to MBBS in Georgia.
- Outstanding international faculties.
- Approximately, 50% discount on transportation for international students.