Armenia is a nation, and former Soviet republic, in the mountainous Caucasus region between Asia and Europe. Among the earliest Christian civilizations, it’s defined by religious sites including the Greco-Roman Temple of Garni and 4th-century Etchmiadzin Cathedral, headquarters of the Armenian Church. Khor Virap Monastery is a pilgrimage site near Mount Ararat, a dormant volcano just across the border in Turkey.
Study in Armenia
At present, 26 state universities (of which 4 international), and 33 private (licensed) higher educational institutions function in the Republic of Armenia.
There are many types of institutions, such as universities, institutes, academies and a conservatory, that provide higher education.
The most widespread spheres in the scientific and educational system of Armenia are Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Microbiology, Engineering, Medicine, Information Technologies, Armenian studies, etc.
More information can be obtained from the websites of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Armenia: www.edu.am as well as the sites of higher education institutions.
Study MBBS in Armenia
The most rewarding and respectable profession in a country like ‘India’ is the medical profession. For Indian medical aspirants, studying MBBS in Armenia can be the best option. Students can get anything they wish for in their medical university of Armenia.
Modern infrastructure, well-equipped laboratories, Low MBBS course fee, good clinical exposure, quality medical education, these are some factors which attract thousands of students to do MBBS in Armenia.
Also, a student does not need to opt for any kind of entrance exam to get admission in a top medical university in Armenia. The classes for MBBS are conducted in the English language in Armenia. Equivalent to an MBBS degree in India, the medical universities in Armenia offer an ‘MD’ degree to Indian students.
MBBS in Armenia - At a Glance
|Degree offered||MD (Equivalent to MBBS in India)|
|Duration for MBBS in Armenia||5 + 1 Years (internship)|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|NEET Exam||Required with qualifying marks|
|Minimum Tuition Fees||Rs.1.75 lakhs/year|
|Maximum Tuition Fees||Rs.2.80 lakhs/year|
|Basic Eligibility||10+2 (Science) with 50% for General
category and 40% for SC/ST category
|Top Medical University||The University of Traditional Medicine,
Yerevan Haybusak University
|Recognition of the Medical Universities||MCI and WHO and others|
Why Study MBBS in Armenia?
- Armenian medical certificates are recognized by MCI and WHO
- No TOEFL or IELTS is essential for admission to MBBS program in Armenia
- Lower cost of living in Armenia
- One of the safest countries in Europe for worry-free education
- Good proximity and studying environment
- No Entrance exams needed for admission to MBBS in Armenia
- Good study environment
- Highly competitive course fee
Eligibility Criteria for Studying MBBS in Armenia
- An applicant must have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken. The maximum age limit is 25 for admission into MBBS. For the reserved class, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
- The candidate or the applicant must have qualified the NEET exam with the minimum qualifying marks so as to become eligible for admission into a medical university in Armenia.
- The applicant must have cleared 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry for general category and 40% marks for reserved category.
- The applicant must be an Indian national to become eligible for MBBS admission in Armenia.
Admission Process for Studying MBBS in Armenia
Step 1: The application form has to be filled correctly without any mistakes.
Step 2: Then the applicant should send the filled application form to the respective university directly. If a student has filled the form offline then he can send it to the respective university with all the necessary documents required.
Step 3: Once the university receives the application form, the student receives an offer letter or acceptance letter from that university.
Step 4: After the admission is confirmed, the student will need to pay the admission fee.
Step 5: Once a student gets printed admission receipt, he or she should apply for the visa through the Armenian embassy along with necessary documents.
Step 6: After all the checkings and interviews are over, the applicant will receive his/her visa.
Step 7: Once a student completes all the proceedings regarding admission to the Armenian medical university, he/she can book their flight tickets to Armenia.
Documents Required to Study MBBS in Armenia
- Curriculum Vitae (Resume) and the duly filled Application Form
- Passing certificates and marks sheets of Class X & XII which are duly attested.
- All academic credentials to be duly attested and notarized.
- A certificate that shows the nationality of the student along with the name, address, contact number, and the notarized birth certificate.
- Twelve recent passport size photographs on a white background.
- Processing fees which include the counseling & other charges also along with the processing fees.
- The bank receipt for the payment of tuition fees for the first year.
- Three photocopies of Passport which are duly attested and notarized with the original passport.
- A medical certificate certifying that a student is medically fit which should have HIV report also.