Qingdao University is a research university in China which was established in 1909. The university is known for its unique medical education across the globe. The medical college of Qingdao University is one of the high-ranked colleges which is approved by the State Council. The Qingdao University Medical College is recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and is also in the list of the World Directory of Medical Schools. The earliest medical education was carried out at Qingdao high school which was known as Dehua high school. The School of Medicine of Shandong University was founded in 1946. Later on, in 1956 Qingdao Medical College was established. In 1993, the Qingdao Medical College was finally merged with Qingdao University.
|Total Enrollment||3,239 (2018)|
|Global Alliances||More than 390 Institution across 30 countries|
|Total Courses||More than 500|
University at a glance
|Total International Students||1,500|
|UG/PG Course Ratio||1 : 0.28|
|Yearly Hostel & Meals Expense||INR 85.4 Thousand|
Accomplishments & Alumni
Qingdao University has witnessed many developments over the years and has also seen advancement in offering medical teaching, treatment, and research. The college scholars and alumni are known worldwide. The University adheres to the motto that says ‘Mingde’s academics are surprisingly good’. It aims to enhance the quality of education and maintain the discipline in the coming years and believes that protecting the health of people would help in creating a harmonious society.
Student Diversity & Visiting Companies
Qingdao University has admitted international students since 1987. More than 3700 students are enrolled in undergraduate studies in the medical department among which more than 300 are international students. The international students come from more than 60 countries. Students from India, Thailand, Nepal enroll for medical study every year at Qingdao University. The university persists in implementing the strategy and promoting international exchange and cooperation. It has strong collaboration and relation with over 140 colleges and universities across 20 countries.
- Qingdao University is situated in the historical and cultural city of Qingdao, is imbued with a profound traditional culture and the spirit of the present
- QDU has established 120 exchange programs with over 170 overseas universities covering over 20 countries and regions.
- QDU is one of the top 50 universities with high employment rate
- The Qingdao University Medical College is recognized by the World Health Organization and is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools.
- Qingdao University is also in the name list of the first universities authorized by the Education Ministry of China to enroll international students to study clinical medicine (taught in English).
|Courses||Duration||1st Year Tuition Fees|
|MBBS(1 Course)||6 Years||INR 3.2L|