Georgian American University was established in 2001. The main emphasis of the university is on the importance of good quality education. Georgian American University consists of qualified and highly experienced faculty members.
To build a notable educational center in Georgia, GAU aims to ensure the implementation of international education standards in teaching and research. Georgian American University is one of the best universities for studying MBBS in Georgia.
This is a co-educational institute located in Tbilisi. The MBBS course at this University is of 5 years. The medium of education for foreign students is English at this University. There are two semesters, spring and fall at the Georgian American University.
|Total Enrollment||3,239 (2018)|
|Global Alliances||More than 390 Institution across 30 countries|
|Total Courses||More than 500|
|Last Date to Apply||October 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||60% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Course Fee||Rs.3.15 Lakhs/Year|
|Course Duration||6 years|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country Rank - 30
World Rank - 10509
|University Recognition||MCI, WHO Approved|
Benefits of Studying at Georgian American University
- Georgian American University is listed in WHO, FAIMER, and MCI and it is recognized globally.
- The students studying MBBS at this university can avail of the benefits of students exchange programs of USA, Europe, Canada, Australia or can transfer themselves to any USA Medical Colleges once they evaluate their current credentials, at any authorized evaluator organization.
- The entire MBBS course is taught in the English medium of instruction.
- The university provides a high quality of education.
- Due to the well-maintained law and order, Tbilisi is a safe place especially for girl students to study.
- As the education system in Georgia is highly efficient, it showcases a high literacy rate of 91%.
- Students get exposure to various cultures due to the vast amount of students coming from different countries who come to pursue MBBS in Georgia.
- The locals in Georgia are quite sociable and friendly towards international students, so students will feel comfortable in a new country.
MBBS Fee Structure
|Fee in USD (approx)||$ 3,588|
|Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs.2,51,200|
|Hostel & Food in Rupees (approx)||Rs.1,75,000|
With a 6 year period of study, Georgian American University offers the best academic experience to international students nurturing quality medical education with renowned faculties:
- The Georgian American University, Georgia offers a 6-year MBBS program including 1 year of internships.
- With 5 years of dedicated and theoretical medical education, students will get a medical degree and the opportunity to work in university-affiliated hospitals.
MBBS Course Syllabus
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Histology and Anatomy|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
Fourth & Fifth Year
|General Surgery, Oncology, Internal Medicine, Gynecology, ENT, Neurology, Emergency Medicine, Psychology, and Cardiology.|
Eligibility Criteria to Study at Georgian American University
The eligibility criteria for studying MBBS at Georgian American University is as follows:
- The candidate must be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date in which the admission is being taken.
- The applicant must clear the NEET exam as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to clear both IELTS and TOEFL exams.
- The candidate should be a high-school graduate or he/she must hold an equivalent degree with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as subjects.
- The applicant should have secured at least 60% aggregate in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2 and 40% if the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC.
Admission Process in Georgian American University
Step 1: Students must fill the online application form along with all the required documents.
Step 2: The University reviews the applications sent by the students and then they need to deposit the fees into the university’s bank account.
Step 3: Once it is done, within 30 days, the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia issues an accreditation letter to the applicants. The university receives a ministry order after this and it issues an invitation letter to the students as well.
Step 4: After all the above procedures are completed, the visa approval takes nearly 30 days.
Step 5: The day and date of departure of applicants are planned and finalized after the fee is cleared.
- Date Of Birth Certificate (In English)
- 10th (SSC) Mark sheet and Certificates
- 11th & 12th Mark sheet and Certificates
- Original Passport
- 20 Photos (Passport size)
- NEET Score Card
- An affidavit from the guardian/ parent
- Bank statement of guardian/parent for the last 6 months having a minimum balance of Rs.3 Lakhs.
Important Dates - Intake 2020
|Application Start Date||June 2020|
|Application Due Date||September 2020|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
Cost of Living in Tbilisi
|Things of daily need (Milk, Groceries, Bread, etc.)||Ranges in between Rs.20 - Rs.415|
|Eating at a mid-range restaurant (for 2 people)||Rs.1400 - Rs.1500|
|One way ticket of any local transport||Rs.13 to Rs.15|
|A monthly pass for local transport||Rs.750|
|Monthly rent for a 1 bedroom apartment||cost between Rs.14000-Rs.25,000|