Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University was founded in the year 1923. Khusein Nakaidze was the first director of the Institute. The Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University has started preparatory courses for students in the year of 1935.
The academic faculty of university involves 273 professors, 71 researchers, 387 visiting professors. The institute offers 42 vocational, 43 bachelor’s, 23 masters, 8-doctoral and 2 single-level programs.
Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University is the multifunctional medical school that provides professional and research-based education to UG & PG students.
The university has an affiliation with leading medical universities abroad encourage the students to participate in scientific conferences and research programs.
|Total Enrollment||3,239 (2018)|
|Global Alliances||More than 390 Institution across 30 countries|
|Total Courses||More than 500|
|Intake for MBBS Course||September 2020|
|Last Date for Admission Forms||31 July 2020|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees (Approx)||4000 USD|
|Course Duration||6 years including paid internship|
|Medium of Education||English Language|
|University Ranking||Country Rank - 6
World Rank - 7923
|Recognition||MCI & WHO Approved|
|Student Enrollment||5000 - 6000|
Why Study MBBS at Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University?
- No IELTS or TOEFL required.
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University provides a competitive and adaptive environment for worldwide medical aspirants.
- The medium of teaching for MBBS education in the English language.
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University focuses on imparting practical skills to the students during MBBS education.
- The easily affordable fee structure for worldwide medical aspirants for doing MBBS course at Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University.
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University also provides scientific-research projects for the students.
- The medical degree awarded by Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University is officially recognized globally.
- The university has International relations with the top educational institutions across the globe.
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University has renowned teaching faculty members with years of experience.
- The university is recognized by USMLE, so the students are eligible to practice in the USA after completing the MBBS course.
- The students are separated into groups of 8-10 students and they gain the knowledge from 1 teacher only.
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University is a desirable host for the international scientific conferences and symposia held in various fields of science.
- The academic and scientific faculty of the Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University actively participates in scientific conferences and exchange programs in different countries across the globe.
Fee Structure 2020
|Course Fee in USD (approx)||$ 4,000|
|Course Fee in Indian Rupees (approx)||Rs 2,80,000|
|Hostel in Rupees (approx)||Rs 70,000|
|Total Fee||Rs 3,50,000|
- Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University provides 6 years of medicine program of which 5 years is assigned for teaching theoretical and practical part of MBBS course.
- The MBBS education provided to the student in English medium of instruction.
- The students acquire medical knowledge from the best faculty members.
- The university provides theoretical and practical classes of basic medicine programs for 5 years.
- The students must be involved in 1 year of mandatory internship.
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Anatomy||Anatomy & Histology|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
4th - 6th Year
|Clinical Subjects: Internal Medicine, Oncology, Psychology, Neurology, General Surgery, Pediatrics, ENT, Emergency Medicine, Gynecology, & Cardiology.|
- The applicant's age should be 17 years old as on 31st December of the admission year.
- The applicant must obtain at least 50% marks in the higher secondary examination or equivalent examination from the recognised board.
- The candidates must qualify NEET examination to get MBBS admission at Batumi Shota Rustaveli State University.
- The general category candidates require 50% scores, and SC/ST/OBC category candidates require 45% scores.
MBBS Admission Process at (BSRSU)
Step 1: The candidates should fill the online application form properly.
Step 2: The candidate must submit higher secondary certificates & other important documents in the university office.
Step 3: The university will provide an offer letter from within a short period of time.
Step 4: The candidates must pay the 1st-year tuition fee.
Step 5: Apply for the visa procedure to get a valid passport.
Step 6: After completing the visa processing time, the candidate will get a valid passport.
- Candidate must submit the application form.
- Candidates must have NEET examination results.
- The academic mark sheet and passing certificate (original and copy).
- The candidate must carry a transfer certificate from the previous institution.
- A valid passport is essential.
- The birth certificate must be submitted during admission.
- Candidates must submit caste certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC category candidates)
- Submit your ID proof during admission time.
- Candidates should submit the medical report at the university.
- Carry passport size photographs required for MBBS admission.
- Migration certificate.
Important Dates - Intake 2020
|Application Start Date||June 2020|
|Invitation Letter||Within 2 weeks|
|Admission Start Date||September 2020|
|Last Date of Admission||31 July 2020|